I feel like you all know me pretty well by now… but I thought I’d share some random things about myself in case I haven’t over shared enough already. haha!(Of course some of you probably already know these things about me… but here we go anyway!)
1. I’m the middle child of 5 children… all 2 years apart in age.
2. We had parakeets and hamsters for pets when we were kids (because my parents said no cats or dogs… they had enough kids to take care of already, apparently?!), and the hamsters regularly went missing. (Seriously – why are they always breaking out of their cages?!) Also, they didn’t have very long life spans… and as a result we have an entire hamster graveyard in our backyard.
3. There are 30 cousins on my mom’s side of the family (47 if you count spouses). By contrast, we have no cousins on my dad’s side of the family.
4. I love speaking in accents, and do it randomly throughout the day. I’ve found Chloe reacts the best to being scolded in a German accent. haha.
5. I’ve been in 11 musicals throughout my life (if I’m recalling correctly). With some of my more memorable roles being Rosie in Bye Bye Birdie, Dorothy in Wizard of Oz, and Chava in Fiddler on the Roof.
6. Nearly every day I eat a mixture of cereals for breakfast. The more the merrier! (Usually bran, frosted mini wheats of some sort, granola, and peanut butter captain crunch… topped with fruit if we have it.)
7. I ran the San Diego Rock ‘N Roll marathon in 2005 with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. When I finished I stood at the finish line cheering on the other racers and could. not. stop. crying. Now I get choked up every time I see people running marathons! Such an amazing experience!
8. I have a condiment obsession. I like a little bagel with my cream cheese, a little potato with my sour cream, and a little burger with my pickles, ketchup & mustard. I also regularly eat entire jars of pickles and olives by myself.
9. I’m a total hypochondriac. It’s bad. I seriously convince myself I am dying of any disease that is in the news on any given day. (Needless to say, I drive James totally crazy with this.)
10. I have no inner dialogue when I’m around James. Anything that comes to my mind I feel the need to tell him… like a constant stream of consciousness. Poor guy…
(I was feeling nostalgic so these are old-school pics of James and I, from the first month or so of dating…)
So there you have it! 10 things you probably didn’t need to know about me. haha…